Saturday, December 15, 2012

POETRY: THICK UNCUT PIECE #50


featuring: 
hattie gosset, sister no blues; 
W.E.B DuBois; James Baldwin;
Mignon Moore, Diana Ross
Mammy, Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara
W.E.B. DuBois; Eric Foner; and William Archibald Dunning; 
HBO; Sears; the Butcher of la Creme; 
Martin Luther King, Jr.; Julia Roberts; 
and the Racist Integrity Act of 1924

Now
one might think to oneself
who am I to talk
with an 
undiagnosed dick

more like
dirty and diseased
than pure
and free of misery

that 
part of myself 
designed 
for the procreation of human life--wow!

that swinging pendulum of doom
endangering 
the safety of others
not to mention 
the general well being of the prevailing mythology at large. 

And yet and
and gladly and
and in spite of 
(dirty dick and all)
I do 
give a dear
my damned 
quite frankly 

and I
(unlike Miz. Scarlett)
cannot
not 
think about it
not whilst
knowing
its-been-done-already
unto one
speck of dust….a flower
its-been-done-already
unto me

and there ain't nothin 
none of us can do about it 
not one of us 
not anything
there ain't one of us
not one amongst us
who will
gon get
to see
The End
anyway. 

So, tell me.

Who's gonna go 
way down
beneath 
the chaos? 

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

There will be no hand holding this time.

Now…

Now's the time for bright ideas.


Now
one might think to oneself
who I am to talk
since, I say I don't believe
yet, I don't take for granted
either
any of the
available 
information

not
single
tainted
drop
of 
it

(puck) 

not the good
or the no good
no yuern
or yours
not anybody elses
not none of the restes
not nobody's 
not even
my very own.

And just why should I?

There has been no real reconstruction here
on this morning's day
in these backward
and troubled
times...

has there been? 


This work is part of the unpublished book-length project 69 Thick Uncut Pieces: Mutual Mediation on the Mythology of AIDS and HIV. This project is dedicated to The Children who don't have the wherewith all, as we did, to fight for themselves, to fight for their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment